homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:56:04 -0400

sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:

Has anyone seen the new black one? Looks like jewelry. And it could be, for
$95 a
pop!
Sandy

No, but I do have to pass on a tip I discovered today..
Cut cut the canes at the ground with a chainsaw, and I dragged them home and let them sit and dry out. He did not want me to use his good Japanese flush cut saw and I don't like the chainsaw, so I went into the shop to find the half broken rickety sawzall for the job...Then, I spied the sheetrock saw and decided to give it a try...sheetrock saws work great on bamboo, and the silicates in the bamboo did not even dull the blade.
After this project, I'm going to have some leftover canes..mostly they are the bottom sections, about 3" diameter and about 12-20 feet long. Any ideas for what I could use them for?

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.