homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:44:18 -0700

I just deleted a bunch of info on bamboo. I'll see if I can find the two nurseries I asked about bamboo for up here (10 degrees or less during the winter at night). There were several they said would do quite well.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

I know it grows fine in New Jersey with its mild ocean-moderated
winters, but has anyone tried growing it in, say, region 6 in the
interior US? I can think of any number of uses it would be good for.
Now I use willow for many of the things that bamboo is used for
elsewhere, particular giving a climbing surface for beans and cukes.