homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 04:06:53 -0700

On Mar 19, 2007, at 8:56 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

After this project, I'm going to have some leftover canes..mostly they
are the bottom sections, about 3" diameter and about 12-20 feet long.
Any ideas for what I could use them for?

Fence posts, trellis for shade vines on the west side of your house, shade structure framing for animals, tables, chairs, raised platform for drying food, and a pole for writhing around when you wish to entice Ron. In the latter case, be sure top and bottom are securely held. Not that I am any level of expert on such things of course, but seems to me that it should be pretty solid. The image of Demi Moore comes to mind. Oh, my.

Speaking of Ron, did I tell you about the wonderful old ocean-going canoe I saw in Hawaii, essentially carved out of one very long log?

Just in case he needs another project.