homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:20:42 -0400

Oh my, I guess Ron is right, I AM getting Alzheimers.\
It's been an ongoing project, and I am ready to stand up the timbers now and thought I would check....<sigh> I think it should be okay...I have searched online and while I haven't found a specific reference for what I want to do, it seems that after a month or more of being cut, that the likelihood of anything rooting in moist soil would be close to zip, but stranger things have happened.
I'm pretty sure this is spreading...Robbie planted a 3 gallon pot of it 15 years ago off her garage and now it is spreading down the hill towards my place....it currently covers an area about 40x50, and it's been cut back a couple of times...I have full harvest priveleges<g>...nothing better than bamboo on someone's else's property that you can harvest at any time. Some of the canes are huge, too. Lee and a couple of her friends came up years ago and got some...Remember that Lee?? Are you still alive out there?

Bev

sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:
Bev - I remember you asking this question a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't
seen any responses. Hopefully there will be some this time - I'm waiting, too!
There's spreading bamboo and there's clumping bamboo - you'll probably need to
know which kind it is.
Sandy

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.