homestead - Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:27:16 -0800

Gloria Morris wrote:

THERE ARE NO GOOD PLACES TO LIVE IN ILLINOIS! It is all boring, ugly,
flat cornfields. There are no forests, no wildlife, no hills, no
streams, creeks or rivers. There is no fishing, no hunting, no
possibility of homesteading. No one in their right mind would want to
move here! <grin>

Gloria

But how are the peas doing? I couldn't stand the temperature extremes.

I wonder whom Californians blame for their state's demise. It must be those New Yorkers. I remember the first time I ever saw a 6-digit tract home "value" and felt a wrenching feeling in my gut that says "time to leave!!!!"

Bill
S. Oregon coast