homestead - Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:34:22 -0800

At 2/15/2007 04:27 PM,Bill Jones wrote:
Gloria Morris wrote:

>THERE ARE NO GOOD PLACES TO LIVE IN ILLINOIS! It is all boring, ugly,
>flat cornfields. There are no forests, no wildlife, no hills, no
>streams, creeks or rivers. There is no fishing, no hunting, no
>possibility of homesteading. No one in their right mind would want to
>move here! <grin>
>
>Gloria

I spent 5 years in Illinois and I suspect she is right. I tried to help my daughter with her IL state income tax and I KNOW Gloria is right!

I wonder whom Californians blame for their state's demise. It must be
those New Yorkers.

IMO it was all those folks from back east who moved to SoCal & brought the 'east' with them. Knew it was bad before I left, but after I was gone for awhile & I could 'see' it from a distance that I really knew the CA I grew up with was gone.

History is a long line of people migrating from one place to another and usually displacing someone when they do that. The displacement this time was peaceful.

I will admit that if I had not ended up in the CG and moved all over the place that I probably would have stayed in CA, followed my 'plan' and moved up to Humbolt county, southern Oregon or somewhere not too far north of Sonoma county. Well, not as far north as I did move <g>.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA