homestead - Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:29:40 -0600

Boonies are very good, indeed! I think I'm probably fairly safe from
McMansions in this location, at least I hope so! Yuppies and their
McMansions and their accompanying taxes drove me out of my last
homestead in Illinois! I'm right smack in the center of Illinois, so
quite a ways from the Mississippi. I'm a good 3 hour drive from St.
Louis, but yes, northeast of there. I'm in a very poor county, and
sought it out for purposes of Yuppie avoidance, and because of its
sheer beauty and remoteness.
Gloria

On 2/14/07, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> I'm in central Illinois, Gene, in the Illinois River Valley, and a bit
> out in the boonies.

Boonies are very good. Valleys are very good, usually. So, northeast
of St. Louis, right? How far from the Mississippi?