homestead - Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Illinois land conditions
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:53:10 -0800

Bingo! And all those McMansion owners from LaLa Land and the surrounding
area and those from other states that read the PR have just about made it
impossible for us natives to live here.

However, there are some secret little pockets where one can still buy land
for relatively reasonable amounts (less than $100,000). AND, we are
somewhere that all those gangs, criminal types and former McMansion owners
aren't going to get to and is just touch enough climate wise to keep them
out. Having the nearest thing that even vaguely resembles a city over two
hours away certainly helps!

Lynda
The Rocky Mountains used to be known as the Great Divide. Now we have Dubya.

That's easy. Immigrants..from inside and outside the US. Decades ago,
California promoted its climate a bit too much.