homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:13:38 -0700

What if Ron built a large piece of furniture, basically a large
apothecary chest, which drawers wide enough and deep enough to store 2
rows of baby food jars 2 jars tall? Of course, near the base, I could
have a cabinet for larger jars for corn and beans.
If I put this 'chest of drawers' into an unheated closet, I would then
have the protection of "dark, cool, and dry" with the added benefit of
organization and rotation.
Can anyone see any problems with this plan?

Yeah, as usual, you are turning a simple task into a huge project. Tell Ron he can come stay with us when he needs a rest from your fertile and major project planning mania. Poor guy.

Where does this seed-saving furniture fit into your 2007 To-Do list? Top ten or bottom fifty?