homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:52:02 -0600

On 1/10/07, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
So my question
is,,,,should I toss the seeds, I mean, if I can smell Ortho, then
there's gotta be traces on the seed, right? Or maybe, it's not the
seed, but the package, and again, should I repackage the seed or toss
them? What say ye..

I wouldn't toss the seeds. If you're really nervous, put them in a tin
and store them in an out building. The amount of any chemical on the
seeds has got to be so tiny as to be undetectable (except by a highly
sensitive nose).

One of my sisters drives us all nutz because she can smell foul odors
that the dogs don't notice. Even she thinks that Valium may be the
answer.

Marie