homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Future of the Web

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Future of the Web
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 22:39:13 EST

Hi Bev,
Actually, having been an advisor to the Harper Collins Board of
Directors among others, I was there for discussions about this. I can say
that this
may go the other way. The IRS is very happy having all these early
electronic
filings and will be able to save a bundle on handling costs as these
increase and want to offer free filings and some other encouragements.
Software
companies may start offering a version without the expensive book for a
lower
cost and a free download site because it saves them on base cost and
shipping.
It will be in their best interest to help keep costs off the internet. Only
time will tell though.

Drew

In a message dated 1/9/2007 7:46:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,