homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Future of the Web

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Future of the Web
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:00:20 -0800

Yes, indeed, Sandy.... i would love that concept to spread like wildfire!
It's a personal wish of mine, and also a thing i taught to my young
women daughters. They volunteered with me, as part of our high school
home school, and will carry on that tradition that the women in my family
have done for a long time. We really need to teach our younguns about
the importance of community - in a time where the media say they are
mostly the 'Me Generation'. They are sure going to need it, the way
things are rolling. This idea is one that led my girls seeking
admission to Berea College here in KY. They seem to produce people of
good service there, and it is ranked #1 college in the south. All
students there are on full 4-yr. scholarships and are required to be the
labor force for the school and work so many hours per week. Fantastic
place to groom the next generation toward visions to help especially
rural, mountain people and further their own kids of promise.
Rarely do i hear of adults who promote alot of giving in their offspring
anymore, unless thru a church upbringing.

Besides, i sure have seen some correlation in "what goes around, comes
around" in our own lives ;-) It's a perk we seem to get for helping
others.
Best regards,
Toni in KY

Sandy
P.S. I like your phrase, "A tithe of time"..can I use it?!