homestead - [Homestead] sewing machine

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] sewing machine
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:34:09 -0500

In between emails here, I have gotten all my sewing notions and stuff put into the drawers of my new sewing cabinet. I am so psyched about it, finally everything in one convenient place! It just feels so good to get another incarnation out of my old desk! I have also been reading up on how to use a new sewing machine mother gave me. My first and only machine, until recently, was an old early 50's model Singer. I love it. However, mother just gave me a Kenmore 385. It has a darning plate and other accessories and about a bazillion fancy stitches (at least 30) that I want to play with. She used the machine less than a couple of hours because she inherited yet another machine that she liked better.
If anyone has a similar machine, I'd love tips and pointers...

Now to get that Christmas tree down...

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.

  • [Homestead] sewing machine, EarthNSky, 12/28/2006