homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:52:46 -0800 (PST)

Yum! Yes, we do. Lots of pumpkin and banana breads - pecan pies (1 goes to my
daughter's ex-boss, now 30+ miles away...we never hear from him, but he calls
once a year early November to ask, "Where's my pie?). Daughter is in the
midst of
making 55-or-so mini-rum cakes, in itty bitty bundt pans - one for each of her
co-workers. Full-size rum cakes go to the boss and his wife, and my partner in
San Carlos (and his mom), and just before Thanksgiving we got an emergency
call
for one pumpkin pie...best friend of family said it was the first year her mom
hadn't been able to do the baking for the holiday, and every store in town was
sold out. Quite the rush! No big deal, making pies, but when you've got a
tricky
oven, two grandchildren, and a one-butt kitchen, well...
I won't even go into the cookie extravaganza - sounds like you're having one
yourself!
On with the fun!
Sandy