homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:12:17 -0500

Toni and all,

Glad you're back on the list. Earlier this month--before you rejoined--I
brought up the holidays and asked what people did and admitted to how we
bake and send to relatives. I ended up making 3 triple batches of biscotti
(dried cranberry, almond, dark chocolate and chocolate almond), roasted 15#
of raw pumpkin seeds (w/ garlic pwoeder and soy) and sliced 17# of frozen
meat and marinated and 'baked' into beef jerky. Also made chocolate brownie
mini-muffins w/ peppermint icing and mincemeat date mini-muffins w/ orange
icing (though those have turned out to be harder to mail) and one pan of
chocolate peanut butter fudge.

I like your intesting collection of garlic and tomato products and agree
that I also want to be on Ray's mailing list (and wouldn't mind being on
yours either).

Ray, do you mail those jars to relatives or give locally--and do you get
your jars back?

Lisa
in sw VA where it's back below 30 degrees again...and our new sled is ready
and waiting!