homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:58:29 -0500

We have had trouble with sending canning jars in the mail - tho we
thought them incredibly well-packed with Bubble wrap and spacers......2
qts of local sorghum jingling in a messy box! I hesitate to send jars,
and am inclined to do jar gifts more locally (but love to trade at one's
own risk for receiving product intact!).

On my local gift jars, i've a sticker on the bottom that says 'return for
refill'. Sometime during the year, the friend gets it back to me usually
along with 5 others they have saved in our interest! It's great. I am
really inclined to give more gifts to pals that will actually recycle the
jars.
Toni - slurping a caffeineated beverage and hoping to crank out some
macaroon dough for tomorrow's start!