homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anyone here bake for gifts??
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:11:06 -0500

On 12/21/06, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:

Tomorrow is German cookie day.

Every one of my 16 great-greats (grandparents) hailed from Germany. Yet, as
often happens, the traditions are all but lost. My grandma's all made
homemade noodles and spritz cookies near Christmas or T'giving, but that was
about it. It wasn't until I was looking through my first Betty Crocker
cookbook at age 12 that I discovered other German cookies (not to mention
others from other countries). So, what do you make? I've wanted to make
Lebkuchen (sp?) and Stollen for the last few years but haven't yet
incorporated it along with everything else.

Lisa
who is up way earlier than usual, just couldn't sleep--full brain syndrome