homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geese

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geese
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:20:31 -0500

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:
Is it possible to skin the goose?? You would lose the
skin as part of the roast but might be able to have
the rest of the bird.
Van Dell

Yeah, it's possible to skin almost anything, I think. These were wild geese, so their musculature was a bit different than domesticated types. I'd try skinning a domestic bird, as I have skinned chickens before, but I am not sure there is enough good meat on a wild goose to even justify a full skin job.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky