homestead - Re: [Homestead] Geese

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Geese
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:20:51 -0800

Well, don't know if it was the fault of the dogs or the farmer, but it sure wasn't the fault of raw feeding. Dogs wouldn't have a clue that grassy smelling cows on the hoof are the same thing as the scraps from the butcher.

At our butcher shop we did raw food for kennels and individual owners for 14 years and not one of those dogs attacked any cattle, sheep, deer or chickens after they were started on the raw diet (meat we used in the dog raw diet food). Now, a couple were chicken killers before they started on the diet but then most dogs will if given a chance!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>

I wouldn't raw feed a dog. My father raised weimaraners and raw fed two
of them with scraps from the butcher. We went on vacation and left the
dogs with a friend who fed his weimaraners dry food. When we got back
our dogs were dead- killed by a farmer defending his cows. They'd killed
one by the time he got there. It was hard to say that was the fault of
the dogs or the farmer.

Warren

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.