homestead - Re: [Homestead] Triage - was insurance

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Triage - was insurance
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:13:41 -0500

Now why can't I write like that???
Perhaps I need practice and maybe should be more involved in arguing on some of these threads. :)

Bev

Lynda wrote:
James, or is it Denise, we never know since you two never sign your e-mails, you are making a major leap and reframing.

1. "shit happens" is not synonomous with "wallowing in it."

2. "shit happens" is not synonomous with "there's no point."

I'll break it down for you, "shit happens" means exactly what you said about beans or cabbage or whatever the heck your favorite veggie was. It means, simply put, that it is unexplained, there is no one or thing to point a finger at and you move on.

3. "shit happens" does not mean "throw 2 steaks on"

So, to break it down even more, it doesn't mean you give up, but yes, quite frequently it does mean there is nothing you "could" have done. No it doesn't mean there is nothing you "can" do once "ship happens."

Like I said, you have a very pissy view of people! If everyone doesn't immediately toe the line with your opinion they are quitters or some other negative label *you* choose to apply to them, which, btw, doesn't mean you know what the hell you're doing when you apply the label. It simply means that to suit your parameters of the world, you *need* to label those who don't conform to your narrow view point into little boxes.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky