homestead - Re: [Homestead] Triage - was insurance

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Triage - was insurance
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:36:48 EST

In a message dated 12/13/2006 4:27:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

> How about those who appear to really try to promote their health . .
> . but who have a nagging belief that they might be doomed anyway? I
> believe that the full power of what's between our ears is not yet
> known. I believe that belief can overcome apparent limitations. To
> what extent? I don't know.

Gene, a huge amount of evidence is on the side of your view. The connection
between worry and cancer has long been established. To what extent, I don't
have a clue either. I was the custodian and cruncher of raw numbers for many
year of clinical trials for several drugs (several versions of the same drug
would be closer) and it was amusing to me the number of times that the most
effective drug in a particular study was the placebo.

There's a great deal more at play than either our circumstances or the
curious sequence of the pop-beads of our DNA.