homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moving? - was Schooling issues

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moving? - was Schooling issues
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:10:22 -0500

Gloria Morris wrote:
Bev, I moved to MO to be with my boyfriend, with whom I had had a semi-long distance relationship -- ie, it was a fairly long drive to see each other, and we were burning up the highway to be with each other. Let's just say that when you live with someone you learn about
their dark side in a way that is simply not possible from a
distance. And, sometimes that dark side is darker than is good for
you, and sometimes love is not enough. That's all I'd prefer to say
about it.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. You know you could have just
said, it's a personal relationship issue...I can certainly understand
that. I thought perhaps it was a financial issue or lack of employment
or maybe that you just didn't like Missouri. I always hear of people
moving to Missouri to homestead, and then leaving several years later,
and I just wondered the reason. Did not mean to pry into your personal
life, but now that I know, it sounds like you were very smart in not
quitting your job and keeping a backup plan. Kudos!

I think there is an element of chance in life - yes, there's an element of effort, and believe me I'm making every effort. However, will the right property be listed now, will I see that listing, etc. are, to a degree, elements of CHANCE. By CHANCE, I found this
property that I hope to buy. I am putting in a bid based upon similar
properties that have sold in the last year close by (a bid lower
than the seller's asking price). Will they decide to sell at what
would appear to be the market price? That is out of my control.
Whether it is "luck" or "well wishes" or whatever that the Realtor is
able to convince them about current market conditions and present
realities is not a philosophical discussion I was really trying to
launch. I am just hoping that somehow we can reach a mutually
satisfying agreement about the homestead. So whether you wish me
well, or "good luck," or send me prayers, or Reiki, or positive
thoughts, or whatever other way of viewing life floats your
individual boat, I believe there are things in life beyond our
control. We can only control how we react to things that are beyond
our control -- case in point, how I reacted to the tornadoes last
spring was within my control, but what happened in the natural world
around me was completely beyond my control. Similarly, I cannot
control my boyfriend's behavior. I can, however, control my reaction
to it. You all, of course, are free to disagree, free to criticize my
beliefs, etc. It is a free country, for the moment, after all!

LOL, I don't disagree Gloria, and you will be in my thoughts this
Thanksgiving. I do wish you well.

Bev, who believes that there are no coincidences in life...that what
goes around, comes around, and that one day, it will all be clear to us
why bad things happen to good people.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky