homestead - [Homestead] Sociopolitical issues

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Sociopolitical issues
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:48:27 -0600

I and the libertarian party recognize that there is no easy road from here to
there. The road to an informed populace is shortened when people are allowed to absorb the hard knocks from being uninformed or ill informed.

Americans once traveled that road but have veered off. Too fat, too comfortable, too lazy. What's the motivation? As you often see me write, change happens when the pain level becomes high enough. Modern pains include commutes, taxes, crowding, traffic, and as always, prices for food, clothing, shelter, fuel, disease care. And rules. Like the frog in the heating water we accept gradual greater regulation which equates lesser freedom. Our American subspecies being security driven, I see revolution far off.