homestead - Re: [Homestead] Luck does not exist

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Luck does not exist
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:52:39 -0500

On 11/22/06, rayzentz AT aim.com <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:

As I teach my students, I spend a lot of time talking about opportunity,
and the preparation for it. There are opportunities around us all, but
either we don't see them, because of lack of preparation, or we don't take
them, because of fear. Either way, it is all based on personal choices.
If you prepare yourself sufficiently, doorways will open.

Good post, Gene and Ray.

A case in point. I have always wanted to play a role in the show Les
Miserables. ... Now, finally, I will be auditioning for a production in
January. Opportunity has arisen, and I will step through the door. We'll
see what happens...

As I scanned email looking for a particular announcement (which I rec'd)
from the agency that I am employed by...I'm listening to NPR from Roanoke
and happen to be playing music from Les Miserables. No kidding. When the
time comes Ray, break a leg.

Happy, peaceful Thanksgiving to everyone.

Lisa