homestead - Re: [Homestead] Luck does not exist

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Luck does not exist
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:42:46 -0800 (PST)

Gene
Do you not believe in chance?
I had a job opportunity when I was committed to
something else. That job never opened up again. I
happened to be looking for land when the best buy of
the year turned up. Even if a deal that good came up
I wouldn't be watching the ads and someone was would
grab it first. A tornado did serious damage to the
town of Renick but didn't affect us less than 5 miles
away.
Can we really say that we are not lucky to have been
born in this comparatively affluent society, most of
us brought up by people who taught us not to depend on
our luck?
I don't suggest that anyone should blame their
misfortune on bad luck. We all should be ready to
take advantage of positive opportunities and copee
with negative ones.
But we do need to be aware that things happen.
Van Dell

By the way I agree that wish you well is a much better
phrase.