homestead - Re: [Homestead] Schooling issues

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Schooling issues
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:19:32 -0500

Gene

Most states (all, I think) frown on the unlicensed practice of law.
Portraying oneself as a lawyer when in fact one is not admitted to the bar
is a felony offense in Florida, for example. Someone with a J.D. (Juris
Doctor) and no license is likely working as an overqualified paralegal.
However, with the way degree requirements are racheting up, maybe that
degree will be required of all paralegals soon.

Yesterday I heard about the new call for personal trainers to have advanced
(Masters) degrees...

Cathy