homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:51:18 -0500

LOL, Drew, you're about as cynical as I am!

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:
I don't have a lot of hope, unfortunately. I voted a split ticket, More Dems than Reps this time, because I like those candidates better. The party as a whole though, with Pelosi at the reigns leans too far left for meaningful compromise. She has issued a list of major issues she intends to have up for a vote in the first 100 days that include stem cell research and about a half dozen equally volatile issues. 500 democrats by themselves could never agree on and write up these issues in 100 days, especially with all the conservative Dems that just got elected. It will all bog down, and she will blame the republicans for not being able to keep her promises. They have also promised to start lots of investigations into the republicans.

I also count on a lot of investigations....turn about is fair play after Whitewater, Jennifer Flowers, and Monica Lewinsky, etc. ad nauseum.

This will take 2 years to
complete, and allow them to constantly tarnish the republicans still in congress and senate, and of course the presidency and hopefully lead them to a Dem in the white house and bigger margin in the house and senate. As far as meaningful change for our country, we will see very little.

I think you are right, unfortunately.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky