homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dumb Question about Windows

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dumb Question about Windows
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:30:35 -0400

Really? We had several Dell's at work also and we had no trouble passing
floppies around between the Dell's and non-Dell's and I certainly don't
remember ever having a floppy "eaten". We did have a problem with Memorex
floppies dropping data and being particular (they would only work in certain
computers at all). But that was the floppies, not the Dell's. I had a
problem with one Dell once when the bean counters decided that we should set
the ac higher and it would get into the low-mid 80' in my lab. My Dell,
there would occasionally just re-boot all by itself, but only when it got
oppressively warm in my lab. I currently know several people with Dells
and they love them. When did you have this problem with your Dell's? What
years were these computers?

Wendy

Now, I was going to say the same thing about Dell <g> I wouldn't buy
either. I've had Dell and the kidlets have had them and they are a
nightmare! Plus they have a nasty inclination to eat floppies if you save
anything to them, sort of <g> Save it on Dell "a" and Dell "b" and
everyother computer in the world won't read the disk. We gave them all to
the local school for their techie program to take apart.