homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dumb Question about Windows

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dumb Question about Windows
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:44:30 -0400

I looked back at one of the emails that you sent me yesterday and from
that it appears that you are using Windows 98. If that is the case,
you may be on a pretty old machine. Could be a system board, could be
not worth fixing, I'd need to know more.

Try a few software things first. Delete the temporary internet files
and cookies. Delete anything the the temp directory ( c:\windows\temp
and\or c:\temp )

When you reinstall Windows, you can choose to format the disk and
reload a fresh copy, or you can install over the current copy, you can
also instasll a parallel copy, keeping the current copy.

Confirm the version of Windows you are using.

Rob