homestead - Re: [Homestead] AHIPA: Exploring the Potential of a Sustainable Crop as a Food Source

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] AHIPA: Exploring the Potential of a Sustainable Crop as a Food Source
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:15:56 -0500

On 9/16/06, Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com> wrote:

I don't really crave turnips that much, but they're not bad mashed with
potato.

They're not bad raw either -- they have kind of a peppery snap -- and
they're very good in stir fry.

I had just never heard of rabbit broth, since they don't have it in a
cube! An Internet search reveals that "consomme de lapin" is considered
fine food in France.

There's not much rabbit broth because there's not much rabbit around.
You can make broth out of just about anything -- I haven't tried
possum or ground hog, though.

Marie