homestead - Re: [Homestead] AHIPA: Exploring the Potential of a Sustainable Crop as a Food Source

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] AHIPA: Exploring the Potential of a Sustainable Crop as a Food Source
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:15:54 -0700

FYI, it is in Oregon. Not your area but in the northwest. Seems to me it is in Clackamas county and two other counties and in Clark County in Washington.

I'm not surprised that it would like the northwest. They certainly get enough rain and if you aren't right on the coast they get enough heat.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

It's customary for Easterners to have no clue about our Western
gardening conditions. "It grows on cement" because in Georgia it rains
4" a week! Westerners have never seen kudzu, because it doesn't grow here.