homestead - Re: [Homestead] Auctions- was Tractor

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Auctions- was Tractor
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:17:13 -0700

At 10/23/2005 09:36 AM, you wrote:

I went to one yesterday in MD, cause I am still here with relatives. They
had 50 locust post advertised. I was there at 9 am ready to bid. To my
dismay, the posts were old rotten ones from a fence that they had taken out.
Anyway, I stayed around to see what some of the antiques sold for. Got
outbid on all the guns.

The tractor, wood and stuf flike that went at good price. But did not want
to cary it all the way home to Va. I had the sense to leave before the
livestock!

Rob -VA

I've often thought a car trailer would be a real good investment. You can put a lot in the back of a pickup, with some advance planning (& a stock panel) even a pig or two but a tractor or anything large would require a trailer. Be nice to have one on hand <g>.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA