homestead - Re: [Homestead] Auctions- was Tractor

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Auctions- was Tractor
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:42:19 -0700

At 10/23/2005 06:48 AM, you wrote:

Rob, just sign up for the antique tractor mailing list and post your
question there. A quick answer is that almost any of the compact tractors
will do what you want to do, (ie, kubotas, etc) as will a lot of the older
tractors, for less cost.

Warren

Thanks, Warren. I did. I went to a farm auction yesterday. Saw a nice older International get auctioned off at what I thought was a decent price. Made me realize that I need to know more to be able to bid.

Rob - VA

That is the thing about auctions, you need to have some idea of what it's worth. I have seen people pay more for an item used than what it costs down the street , brand new. Bidding fever! I've had it before but came to my senses before I "won".
I have found auctions to be fun and a good place to get something I need/can use. If I need 'it' now I'll usually just buy it but if it's something from the 'can use' list I'll keep my eyes open at the auctions.
My other problem is buying something bigger than I can move... this is a big problem at livestock auctions ... but we did manage to get the pony home <VBG>!

If I have some idea of what it's worth I know if I'm getting a good deal or not.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA