homestead - Re: [Homestead] Auctions- was Tractor

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Auctions- was Tractor
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:36:09 -0400

That is the thing about auctions, you need to have some idea of what
it's worth. I have seen people pay more for an item used than what it
costs down the street , brand new. Bidding fever! I've had it before
but came to my senses before I "won".
I have found auctions to be fun and a good place to get something I
need/can use. If I need 'it' now I'll usually just buy it but if it's
something from the 'can use' list I'll keep my eyes open at the auctions.
My other problem is buying something bigger than I can move... this
is a big problem at livestock auctions ... but we did manage to get
the pony home <VBG>!

If I have some idea of what it's worth I know if I'm getting a good
deal or not.

Rob

I went to one yesterday in MD, cause I am still here with relatives. They had 50 locust post advertised. I was there at 9 am ready to bid. To my dismay, the posts were old rotten ones from a fence that they had taken out. Anyway, I stayed around to see what some of the antiques sold for. Got outbid on all the guns.

The tractor, wood and stuf flike that went at good price. But did not want to cary it all the way home to Va. I had the sense to leave before the livestock!

Rob -VA

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA