homestead - Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 17:23:11 -0700

But there are certain rights that as a constitutional republic we should not
have to defend mano-a-mano in every instance.

Modern powermeisters do not consider "should."

I prefer to have my adversaries where I can see the whites of their eyes. Hence, I want local control, local response to the inevitable dishonesty and self-service. I chose such a place.

If Barbara Lamar, our resident lawyer, is reading this, please instruct as to the efficiency of local versus federal courts when seeking justice.