homestead - [Homestead] Property rights: local control versus national control

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Property rights: local control versus national control
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:23:44 -0700

But it goes to show how easily locals are corrupted. This is the very reason that property rights are constitutionally guaranteed.

We could write books about this and others have. Property rights have to be defended. Native Americans can tell you about that. Such rights are more effectively defended against local scoundrels than from disconnected, far-away scoundrels wielding big sticks. As for real property rights, they are subject to the king's/lord's/commissioners' rights. Don't pay land taxes and see how property rights sustain. We note that there are no national property taxes. The authority to tax land is a local right. So far. Would we like DC decisions on that matter, also? Not I.