homestead - Re: [Homestead] Nuclear energy in an oil-poor world

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Nuclear energy in an oil-poor world
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:44:55 -0700

I do agree. Nuclear is not a real option.

It is our only dependable option. Thank goodness the reactor is a gazillion miles away. Burns its own waste. No disposal problem. What a design. As long as we use increasingly more sunscreen, we'll be safe.

Seriously, the sun is the answer. Roofs are currently available with built-in solar collectors. Energy-efficient appliances are for sale. The technology is here. What is not yet here is sufficient profit nor government resolve. Pain and attendant profit need to be higher.