homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: nuke power

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: nuke power
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:20:19 -0700

They used pond water that they contaminated and the contaminates shoot out
of the stacks day and night. Also, the pond flows into a creek during rainy
season (that would be a good % of the year in HumCo) which in turn flows
into the Bay. The plant is literally spitting distance from the bay.

Since it has been decomissioned, the taxpayers are having to pay for the
decomissioning.

All in all it is a royal mess.

Lynda