homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: nuke power

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: nuke power
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:38:22 -0700

What we need is what happened in the 70s when businesses were forced, along with everyone else, to reduce power use.

Nah, we are the country of big oil people, big power people. What year was it that George H.W. Bush responded to alarms over oil shortages by racing his speedboat in big circles for the admiring throngs? We are Americans, by gawd, and we can get and use all the oil we want and we can waste it and phooey on the rest of the poorer world and the laws of diminishing returns.