homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: Homestead Digest, Vol 10, Issue 37

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: Homestead Digest, Vol 10, Issue 37
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:43:12 -0700

Along with that we need to get away from the mentality that anything but an
even year round temp is something that "has to be."

I've lived my whole life within minutes of the ocean and cool evening
breezes. The last 11 where the temp rarely varied 10 degrees either side of
60. Now we live where 100 to 115 isn't unusual in the summer and 80s in the
spring is the norm. I'm genetically messed up and don't sweat but even I've
adjusted and survive by opening windows in the afternoon and putting up fans
in the windows.

Folks need a wake-up call and I'm not sure this whiney country will get it
even then. But hey, we moved far enough out that those crazy, lazy city
folks won't find us when the power quits!

Lynda