homestead - RE: [Homestead] Re: nuke power

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Re: nuke power
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:43:22 -0500

<< [In Humboldt Country,] they used pond water that they contaminated and
the contaminates shoot out of the stacks day and night. >>

If the plant is decommissioned, why would it still be polluting anything? I
guess this would be radioactive materials, but it's not clear how those
materials would get into the cooling towers.

I'd rather have a nuclear plant in my neighborhood than a coal-fired plant
-- it's much cleaner (assuming, of course, that it doesn't melt down). :)

Marie