homestead - Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:09:52 -0700

You'd have to go to my hometown library. There is a large room with nothing
but local history and the papers of local folks in it plus several 5' file
cabinets full of old newspaper clipping.

Quite interesting.

The courthouse here at our new "home" is also interesting. The gals in one
of the offices goes those the "stuff" in the basement and they fill a wall
display cabinet with it. The latest display is quite interesting from our
point of view since the murderer is from the little "town" we now live in
AND his last name is the same as the creek that runs through our property
and that our private road gets its name from.

Plus, it may be one of the oldest recorded cases of a hate crime due to
"sexual orientation." 1908 and he murdered two men who had been living
together for 35 years.

Ya know, one just doesn't think of those things as happening back then.

Lynda