homestead - RE: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,

  • From: C Russell <mtbetter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:26:30 -0700 (PDT)

Marie

When this talk began I was reminded immediately of a
song Bing Crosby performs in the movie Holiday Inn.
It's a song extolling Lincoln on his birthday. I
can't remember the words exactly, but Bing sings that
when Lincoln was told Grant was drinking on the job,
Lincoln replied "Let's get all my generals tight!"

Cathy
hoping to get back to PA

http://www.straightbourbon.com/articles/cclincoln.html,