homestead - Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:25:16 -0700

Ah, poor little rodent farmer. Must have seen my name and now his bloomers
are in a bunch again! "Impression" indeed. I'd say flame at any expense
cause one is not mature enough to react any other way!

I'm sure the r.f. has never read anything about Grant. If he had he would
know that Grant has never been "traditionally respected." They don't even
teach that garbage in p.s.

And for those that question just what type of nutcake Grant was, read his
journals. The man lived in LaLa land!

For example "I saw no chance of supporting them on the Pacific coast out of
my pay as an army officer. I concluded, therefore, to resign, and in March
applied for a leave of absence until the end of the July following,
tendering my resignation to take effect at the end of that time. I left the
Pacific coast very much attached to it, and with the full expectation of
making it my future home."

The extent of his year at Fort Humboldt is a statement that he had to wait a
few days to find a ship and that there were redwoods.

I can go on about his journals and just how far out there they are and how
little reality is reflected but folks should read them for themselves.
There are several on the net but this one is the fastest loading.
http://home.nycap.rr.com/history/grant.html

Lynda