homestead - Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How the US Empire operates,
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 07:43:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/2005 2:29:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lurine AT softcom.net writes:

And, the man was a failure at everything he ever did except for a small time
in the Army when he re-upped after he was forced to resign. It is nothing
short of a miracle that he didn't become another Custer!

Exactly, that is what I think is most intriguing about him, he was an
absolute failure at everything he tried both before and after the war, had a
huge
alcohol problem and was nicknamed useless grant in his own hometown as a
boy.
How did this guy end up in charge of all union forces and in the position to
win the war?!? Believe me, I am not a supporter of any sort, I just want to
read some more on the subject. If you have other sources I should follow, let

me know,

thanks
Drew