homestead - RE: [Homestead] Falling dollar

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Falling dollar
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:21:11 -0700

It's as if business is enjoying its tax cuts so much that the consequences be damned. It would not be the first time that short-sightedness by a selfish financial elite helped sink the U.S. economy.

I was musing yesterday on how tens of billions of taxpayer dollars are providing huge profits for major U.S. companies in Iraq, as they expensively rebuild homes/hospitals/churches/schools/roads/bridges and oil/water/electricity/waste disposal facilities that we destroyed with expensive bombs and missiles delivered by expensive airplanes and rockets. Did I mention lives?

The Iraq Invasion and aftermath has taken corporate welfare to stratospheric levels while some stalwart values-laden citizens still decry modest assistance for U.S. hungry humans.

The wool has been nicely pulled. The sell has been made. Don'cha wish you were a FOGGER (Friend of Georger)?