homestead - Re: [Homestead] 4 years later ...

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 4 years later ...
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:08:16 -0800

At 12/1/2004, you wrote:
And the price of gold is at 16 year highs at around $450.

Hey, here's an idea! Let's live the homestead life and be as insulated as possible from the rest of the world's problems.

I hope this place sells before it gets much worse.

Which of course brings us back to the need for reliable cash to pay those unreasonable people who only take cash, check or credit card, like the tax person, the car registration and insurance persons, the seller of those many items we can't produce for ourselves, etc. I am still open to new suggestions.

The economy is on the brink of some problems and the dips in the administration are doing nothing but worrying about if they can get pro life judges in or if some homosexuals might marry.

China has refused to revalue its currency. This take away most of the advantage of a dropping currency. Huge trade deficients with china are increasing the worry of world wide investors upon which we depend on for more than 43% of our bond sales. Tax cuts have made us noted less valuable to american wealthy and huge trade and budget deficients have made those same bonds less valuable to foreign investors.

The net result can lead to inflation. A definite cooling of the economy will occur as interest rates climb. But unless interest rates climb more will pass on US securities.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com