homestead - Re: [Homestead] My shop

  • From: Lisa Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My shop
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:20:10 -0500

Don Bowen wrote:

I invited someone in to do some work and he took some pictures. He is living full time in the RV and I have been pumping him for information.

Good to meet you, Don. Nice picture and thanks for sharing. My husband and I are seriously wondering and speculating about the merits of building an addition to our house about now. It's 90-95% done but as most building projects go, we've been taking one step forwards and one back for the last two months and are beginning to wonder why we didn't buy an RV instead? Many times throughout our married life, usually when one or both of us has been particularly frazzled by jobs or with our lives in general, we've gone to check out RV's. We have pictures of our oldest son (he'll be 15 in March) taken when he was 2, 4, 7, and 10 in the upper bunk of an RV--one in a lot somewhere--not ours. I think we're overdue for another picture. We still threaten, on a bad day, to sell the farm and buy an RV and go. Hubby tells me he's ready when I am and says selling the farm would be a great way to practice 'detachment', hubby and I have been reading too many Buddhism-related books, I think. Looking at George's pictures made me jealous--and I better not share them with my husband in his current state of mind. There might be an RV out there yet with our names on it.
Lisa