homestead - [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:59:11 -0700

You lost me on that one. While Bush and Kerry's military
records have both
been used and abused by partisans, this is the first I have
ever seen the
words "admitted war criminal" used in regard to Kerry. Your
proof, please.

(Ignore the carats.)

Here are a couple of choice quotes from Kerry's testimony before Congress:

"We learned the meaning of free fire zones, shooting anything that moves, and we
watched while America placed a cheapness on the lives of orientals."

"No ground troops are in Laos, so it is all right to kill Laotians
by remote control."

He does seem to have known exactly what to say to get elected senator from
the most liberal state in the country.

As far as partisans go, I haven't yet decided whom to vote for. I'm just
wondering out loud why we ended up with a nominee with so much baggage. Is
it just that, without much hindsight, liberals knee-jerked for the candidate
who would cut them the fattest checks?

Bill