homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:36:28 -0700

I've gone through the testimony and although Kerry does say that he was there as part of a larger group, it is in no way clear that this was not a confession on his part to war crimes. I've never heard of any supposed war crimes committed by Bob Kerrey; I started wondering about these things as a result of hearing John Kerry's own words.

It is natural to wonder about things until we learn what we feel certain is the truth, even though someone else may hold a different truth.

But "it is in no way clear that this was not," and "started wondering," it seems to me, is a far cry from sound evidence that would justify accusing someone of being a criminal.

If we do not act responsibly, we cannot demand integrity of others.